Compliance and Accreditation
Security Risk Management (SRM) is committed to complying with all the relevant regulations that cover the jurisdictions in which we operate. In doing this we work with national governments and recognise the importance of industry guidance throughout our pursuit of excellence.
Some of the decrees to which we adhere are listed below:
- National and international law
- Port, coastal and flag regulations
- Port, coastal and flag laws
- IMO guidance and Best Management Practice (BMP)
- “Suppression of unlawful acts at sea” regulations
- The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
- The United Nation’s Basic Principles on the Use of Force and Firearms by Law Enforcement Officials (1990)
- International Code of Conduct for Private Security Companies (ICoC)
- The Montreux Document
Our own Rules for the Use of Force (RUF) have been developed as a proportionate and graduated response which is commensurate with the threat. This fundamental document is underpinned by the inherent right to self-defence and the preservation of life.
SRM understands that the use of force is an absolute last resort, and so, building on industry best practice, we have developed our standard operating procedure to encompass a graduated response to ensure that all personnel and assets are protected whilst the response remains proportionate.
Accreditation and associations
SRM has attained ISO 9001: 2008 quality management system and is a member of the following associations:
- Member and signatory to the International Code of Conduct for Private Security Companies (ICoC)
- International Association of Maritime Security Professionals (IAMSP)